Wednesday, March 27, 2024

While looking through a woman artists’s Instagram page I reflected on over the past couple years I see all these actions related to women raising awareness and challenge through art and protest related art works, books, talks small and large, ‘sticking it to the man’ attitudes, speaking out, challenging the status quo and yet all I think is Roe v. Wade got overturned I want power back. 


I do not fucking care about the culture whether popular or “art” world stuff when it talks about the current the first woman___. The first___ woman. I want fucking power back. In contrast it just feels like theater and performance in relation to the material world and our every day needs and realities. I feel bored, deflated and pandered to in contrast to having political command. 

Art can generate and project meaningful ideas and resistance but it is not power.